You have just purchased the best electric shopping cart on the market today. Mart Cart incorporates the very latest in technological advances. To assure you of the best and safest performance as well as longest life, please read the enclosed information. After reading this manual, should you have a service problem or need help, please call our customer service department with the serial number of your cart, at our toll free number: 1-800-548-3373 or (479) 636-5776.
DAMAGE: Check the shipping carton for any visible damage. Report the damage to the freight carrier immediately. File
a claim with the carrier if actual damage to your cart has occurred. Check the contents of the carton. The contents should agree with the information listed on the packing
list. Report any discrepancy to the carrier and the factory immediately.
TO ORDER PARTS: Call 1-800-548-3373 or (479) 636-5776 or visit www.martcart.com Be sure to give the serial number to the service department personnel. The Mart Cart serial number is located on the seat support tube under the seat as shown in parts list portion of this manual.
TERMS: All parts will be shipped with approved credit card, check in advance or C.O.D. Commercial accounts are allowed 15 day terms from date on invoice with approved credit.
FREIGHT: All freight will be paid by the customer. Special consideration will be given to items under warranty coverage.
ATTENTION: It is the responsibility of the owner of this cart to maintain the cart in a safe and reliable operating condition at all times.
NOTE: Specifications found in this manual are subject to change without notice.
Important Safety Instructions Please read before operation.
• Never attempt to charge the battery in this cart without using an electrical outlet that is protected by a GFCI.
• Replace charging cord if plug is damaged or if the cord is worn or frayed.
• Never use the charging cord without proper grounding. Do not use if plug
does not have all 3 prongs.
• Never allow the cart to be used out-of-doors or on any surface that is not
• Always disconnect power before servicing.
• See “Daily Maintenance Checklist” and follow instructions.
• Cart can roll. Enter and exit the cart with care.
• Replace parts using only factory-specified, original equipment from the
manufacturer for your specific model. Failure to do so may void warranty, affect operation of the cart, and result in injury.
• New carts will need charging! Charge the cart’s battery for 8 hours prior to first use.
• THIS CART IS FOR USE INDOORS, ON LEVEL SURFACE ONLY.
• DO NOT STAND ON CART. (See “Operating & Warning
Instructions” on cart).
• After battery is charged, disconnect power supply cord
before operating cart.
• DO NOT exceed the load limitations as shown on the cart.
• Return power cord to the cord storage area when not
• DO NOT allow children to operate or play on cart. Keep
cart secured with key (if applicable), at service counter.
Your cart is equipped with the Intelli-ChargeTM system. While operating the cart, the LED (Light Emitting Diode) will be solid green until the battery runs lower than 2/3 full charge. It will then turn amber. When the battery charge falls below 11 volts, the LED will begin flashing red. The customer riding the cart should have ample time to return the cart to the charging station before the power is cut off to the motor. When the customer exits the cart, the horn will start beeping in unison with the red flashing LED. This will alert those responsible for maintaining the cart to plug in the charger. When plugged into a 120v AC wall socket, the LED will flash amber and the horn will silence. When charging is complete, the LED will start flashing green. The charger may be left plugged in even longer. It will NOT harm the battery.
LED Color Status
Red – Flashing Amber – Flashing
Green – Flashing
Off/On rocker switch is set to “Off ” position or no one is sitting in the seat
Off/On rocker switch is set to “On” position and someone is sitting in the seat Battery’s charge is below 2/3 full charge Battery needs to be charged
Charger is plugged in and battery is being charged
Charger is plugged in and the battery is charged
• The battery should be charged each night and at every opportunity. The battery is fully charged when the LED on the control box flashes green.
• A Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) in the circuit is required wherever the cart is being charged.
• Before servicing the cart, the battery should be charged to a voltage above the “depletion” level (above 11 volts).
• Never allow the battery to completely “discharge.” This will cause premature battery failure.
Inspection and Service Recommendations
The following list outlines the inspection and service recommendations to be performed on a daily basis and during all service work. While they may not be presented on this list, all parts and components of the cart should be checked for proper functionality and either fixed or reported to authorized store/facility personnel upon completion of service.
All parts and configurations must be Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
to ensure proper safety, warranty compliance, and UL compliance. In the event that any part(s) or system does not pass inspection, the cart should be marked as “Out of Service,” stored in a location not accessible by store/facility customers, and reported to maintenance personnel/provider. Also see “Daily Maintenance Check List” posted on cart and the recommendations below.
• General Condition: Frequency = daily and during service. Check for broken frame, tubes, bumpers (frame and basket), basket, handlebars, covers, and seat. Replace as necessary. Any part or piece that may snag a person or object (such
as a store display) should be repaired. All mounting screws (e.g. front cover screws) should be checked and replaced as necessary. Repair or replace any component that would cause a potential “Safety Hazard.”
• Charger cord: Frequency = daily and during service. Replace cord if it is worn or frayed, or 3-pronged plug is broken. Replace with OEM cord only. Do not splice. Be sure power outlets provide protection through an operating Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI).
• Anti-Tip Casters and Brackets: Frequency = daily and during service. Check for proper distance from the floor (1/8 to 1/2 inch). Check for bracket welds and position (parallel to the floor). Replace caster and/or bracket if broken or bent.
• Seat and Seat Latch: Frequency = daily and during service. Tighten if necessary. If cracks or rust occur, or if seat rocks loosely, replace at once. Ensure that the latch engages properly and that it secures the seat from tilting forward.
• Horn: Frequency = daily and during service. Check for proper functionality and audible level. The horn should activate when pressed or when the cart is moving in reverse.
• Grips: Frequency = daily and during service. Check the grips on the handlebars to ensure that they firmly grip the handlebars. The grips should not be easily twisted or removed.
• Seat Switch: Frequency = daily and during service. Ensure that the cart only moves under power when someone is sitting in the seat activating the seat safety switch. Cart must stop when weight is removed from seat.
• Throttle: Frequency = daily and during service. Test for smooth “start,” acceleration, deceleration, and “stop.” Repair if necessary.
• Charger: Frequency = while charging and during service. Check the “inhibit” functionality of the charger. Ensure that the cart does not move under power when plugged into a power outlet and charging the battery.
• Electrical Components: Frequency = during service. Check all wiring to ensure no evidence of fraying, crimps or cuts. Ensure that the harness is lying inside the rear pan and not in a bind or making contact with metal parts or components that could rub through the insulation. Ensure proper fuses are installed. Use only specified fuses (see decal next to fuse holders).
• Wheels and Axle: Frequency = during service. Ensure that wheels are properly aligned, bearings are functional. Check for flat spots and wear.
• Contacts of Switches: This cart is equipped with switches that are non-serviceable. The switches are UL-recognized and have been tested for this application. If any switch does not function as intended, replace immediately.
• Cleanliness: Inspect and clean the cart daily; keeping the cart free from accumulation of grease, dirt, and other possibly combustible materials.
• Motor and Brake: test the motor wheel and its brake daily. Drive the cart in forward and then reverse to insure the motor is able to move the cart. To check the brake which is internal in the motor wheel, sit on the cart and leave the throttle in the neutral position, place each foot on the floor on both sides of the cart and try to push the cart. The brake should prevent the motor wheel from turning. Note that if pushed hard enough the tire may skid on the floor. If the cart fails this test, take the cart out of service and call for repair.
We Ship worldwide. Shipping to a commercial address is $249. If you require liftgate service it’s an additional $75. If it’s being delivered to a residence there’s an additional $75 residential delivery fee on top of that. These charges are not ours it’s what the trucking companies charge. We ship via UPS freight. Local pickup available.