Groen EE-40 40 Gal Steam Kettle - Stationary, 2/3 Jacket, 208v/3ph Tested Works!.
Groen EE-40 Description
The Groen EE-40 steam-jacketed kettle has a large, 40-gallon capacity that works well in high-volume operations. Operators can use the unit to cook anything typically prepared on a stock pot range, and the unit heats more evenly and is easier to use than those units. Because the kettle uses steam, it creates an even heat and is designed with a jacket—a hollow center between the interior and exterior. This area is filled two-thirds from the bottom with water that is heated by an element to form steam.
The interior is lined with 316 stainless steel, which is resistant to corrosion even when cooking barbeque sauce, marinara sauce, and other highly acidic product. Sheathed in stainless steel and insulated, the kettle retains heat and maintains a cool-to-the-touch exterior, while a 2-inch tangent draw-off valve is integrated into this steam kettle. With this valve, which has a perforated strainer to reduce clogging risks, operators can remove stock or direct cleaning water into a bucket. To simplify cleaning, the valve can be broken down without tools.
Operating this Groen EE-40 stationary steam kettle is relatively simple because it has a thermostat that controls the heating elements with a contactor. Its temperature is adjustable from 150 to 270 degrees Fahrenheit, and users can monitor the pressure level on the gauge and check the water in the jacket on the sight glass tube. Enclosed in stainless steel, its controls are protected from splashing, while still positioned in an accessible area.
• 40-gal. capacity
• Temperature holding range: 150-270 degrees F
• Self-contained steaming with the jacket already filled with pure water
• Two-third jacket around the kettle's bottom two-thirds
• Maximum steam pressure: 30 PSI
• 316 stainless steel liner resists corrosion even with high-acid food
• Sheathed in stainless steel and air-gap insulated to retain heat and maintain a cool-to-the-touch exterior
• 1-piece, hinged dome cover for convenient opening and closing
• 2-in. tangent draw-off valve for removing liquid product
• 1⁄4-in. perforated strainer prevents clogging by keeping debris out of the valve
• Valve can be disassembled without tools
• Open tri-leg base
• Pilot light turns on when the unit is heating
• Thermostat controller
• Contactor operates with the thermostat and turns the heating element on and off
• Pressure/vacuum gauge for steam pressure also shows if there is air in the jacket
• Safety valve releases steam if jacket pressure exceeds a safe level
• Water level sight glass shows the level of water in the jacket
• Low-water cut-off feature turns off power if water gets too low, preventing heating element burnout
• Stainless steel housing protects components from splashing
• Set in an accessible position
Dimensions & Utilities
• 38 1⁄8 in. W x 43 3⁄4 in. D x 37 in. H (H is measured to the rim; 66-in. H with the cover open)
• 60 A, 21.6 kW
• 208 V/60 Hz/3 ph
Kettle, electric, 40-gallon capacity, 2/3 jacket, 316 stainless steel liner, insulated & sheathed, open tri-leg base, stainless steel construction, 2" TDO, 1/4" perforated strainer & hinged cover, bullet feet, 30 PSI
Groen EE-40 Specifications
No. of Kettles 1
Tilt Mechanism: Stationary
Type: Floor Model
We Ship worldwide. Shipping to a commercial address is $299. If you require liftgate service it’s an additional $75. If it’s being delivered to a residence there’s an additional $75 residential delivery fee on top of that. These charges are not ours it’s what the trucking companies charge. We ship via UPS freight. Local pickup available.
“FLAT RATE SHIPPING IS ONLY VALID FOR LOWER 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES TO A COMMERCIAL ADDRESS WITH A DOCK, FORKLIFT OR VIABLE WAY TO UNLOAD THE FREIGHT.
AK, HI, PR & INTERNATIONAL MUST MESSAGE FOR SHIPPING QUOTE.”